Having a hard time trying to find the perfect sauce to go with your Pulled Pork? Bill West’s North Carolina Vinegar Sauce recipe just might be your new go-to sauce. You will find this North Carolina Vinegar Sauce recipe to provide a vinegary tartness, a little bit of heat and a touch of sweetness that pairs up very nicely with Pulled Pork. This is the third recipe I have made from Bill’s cookbook “BBQ Tricks” and it is another winner! We tried this sauce on some pulled pork last night and it was delicious. I had trouble keeping the boys out of the bowl once we mixed it in.
I don’t think you’ll find an easier BBQ Sauce recipe to make and you will love this one with its vinegar based. Personally, I enjoyed the slight heat kick the crushed red peppers added to the recipe.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat skillet.
- Add crushed red pepper, black pepper, ground mustard, and celery salt to skillet and cook for several minutes to release the oils.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool and jar or use immediately.
Pick up a copy of Bill’s “BBQ Tricks” cookbook at Amazon
BBQ sauce recipes